Lemon Feta Basil Rice
Dress up your favorite rice or grains with a squeeze of lemon juice, crumbled feta, and fresh basil.
- 3 cups rice (cooked) (any kind)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice (one whole lemon)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (hand torn or chiffonade)
Cook rice using whatever method you prefer.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
When rice is done cooking, add it to the bowl with the lemon juice and stir to combine and break up the rice. The lemon juice and olive oil will naturally separate, so whisk it again right before adding the rice if you see separation.
While the rice is still quite hot, add the feta cheese and stir to evenly distribute. Use your fingers to crumble any especially large chunks as you add them. The heat from the rice will melt the feta slightly, but it should still remain in visible chunks.
Tear or thinly slice the basil leaves and add them to the rice. Toss to combine.
- To chiffonade basil leaves, layer 6-8 leaves on top of each other, roll them into a log, and slice thinly across the log.